Get Involved!

Since the County Prison Farm was off limits to the public from 1935 to June 2015,  people today do not know what treasure awaits them, the huge agricultural, recreational and educational potential.  You can help change that by doing a few or all of the suggestions below.

  1. Contact our Alamance or Guilford Representatives. 

Let them know your questions and your views.  Guilford Commissioners in particular control its fate.

Here are the links:

Alamance County Commissioners

Burlington City Council

Gibsonville Mayor & Board of Aldermen

Guilford County Commissioners

Here’s a link to a list to print:

Printable List

  1. Write a short letter to the editor.

Keep it clear, short and on one point, and it will be definitely spread the word.

Include your full address and phone. [ They call to verify and only print the city of your address.]

Greensboro News & Record:[200 word maximum]  

Burlington Times News

Alamance News:

Rhino Times:

  1. Put up a yellow yard sign. “Protect Farmland / No Megasite Here”

 If you live in the area of the County Farm, this spreads the word and signals to industry that we want them to find a better site with water and sewer near the Interstate.

Call 336 449 6843 to get one delivered.

  1. Get on the P.L.A.C.E. email list and help information circulate.

Just email with the message to subscribe or unsubscribe to P.L.A.C.E.

  1. Talk to your neighbors

Good ideas for  P.L.A.C.E. may come from this, and you will know they are informed.

%d bloggers like this: