We are a non-profit (501[c]) organization working to develop a community-based solution for the Guilford County Farm through direct engagement with Guilford & Alamance County citizens.
The Corporation is organized as an association of Guilford and Alamance County residents sharing a common interest in economic development and the preservation of open space in their counties. It shall be operated exclusively for the purpose of promoting the awareness of its members and all the residents of their counties regarding activities that affect their properties, the public lands of their counties and the values of those properties. It shall exercise those powers consistent therewith granted to non-profit corporations by the laws of North Carolina, which shall include, but are not limited to the following objectives:
– to support common environmental and economic interests in the area through coordinated communication, information sharing, data collecting and monitoring and dedicated conservation with legislative and executive decision makers.
– to gather, collect and share accurate and objective information that may impact the common interest of the residents within their counties.
– to encourage local government and economic development authorities to work with members with residents of their counties to promote and defend the common interest of the region.
– to support agricultural best management practices and farmland preservation.
Officers of P.L.A.C.E.
- President- George Teague
- Vice President- Ann Hice
- Secretary- Aeriel Miller
- Treasurer-Jerry Limenstoll
Board Members of P.L.A.C.E.
- Melissa Wilson Blanchard
- Ray Briggs
- Anne Cassebaum
- Taylor Teague